Job aspirants are always told that winning the stiff labor competition is not just about having the right skills and essential accomplishments. It’s also about properly and effectively presenting one’s qualifications on a piece of paper. Yes, even if you are deemed qualified to hold a certain position but failed to present your worth in the most helpful way, then, you are wasting a precious opportunity.
Maybe you are thinking that you ca not do any better than what you’ve previously crafted. Do not lose hope; you can still beat other job candidates by writing a flawless application summary.
Heed the following tips from career consultants for you to create an exceptional document.
What Makes It “Perfect”
The adage nobody is perfect is one of the many overused alibis frequently heard from someone who has committed a fault. But the current job market seemingly requires otherwise.
Career experts are one in saying that a perfectly polished personal summary is a reflection of one’s professionalism and seriousness in fulfilling the quest. Further, it is a proof of being an organized and smart individual.
That said, it is really important that an aspirant like you should always remember the qualities of a perfect resume.
Below are the characteristics that define an outstanding application document:
1. Includes modern sections. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to know about the latest trends in writing. Otherwise, you’ll be tagged as careless, ignorant, or incompetent. In recent times, you ought to include “new” sections, such as a career tag, qualifications profile, and career highlights. Also, rename those obsolete sections. You may change “work experience” or “employment history” to “professional experience” and “skills” to “core competencies.”
2. Correct grammar, proper sentence construction. With these, you’ll be regarded as an intellectual person.
3. No misspellings, typos, and erroneous content. Committing these mistakes make hiring managers think that you do not care about your pursuit or not serious about it.
4. Contains industry-relevant keywords. This proves that you’re really a professional in your field. Likewise, you ought to place powerful words to further convince hiring managers of your capabilities, skills, and accomplishments.
5. No obsolete sections. The use of objective statement and the phrase “Character reference: available upon request” is already considered outdated.
6. Improved layout. Keep the document simple yet elegant. Try to make use of visual-enhancing tools to make it more appealing.